New purchases for September;
* The Never List by Koethi Zan
* Horns by Joe Hill
* Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
* Roald Dahl’s Book of Ghost Stories
* Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
If I ever win (or earn) vast amounts of money, these are the first edition books I would like to purchase;
*Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. By Lewis Carroll – Printed in 1866, $17,500 (US)
*THE LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF NICHOLAS NICKLEBY – Printed in 1839 and includes a signed letter from Dickens, $5,500 (US)
* Catcher in the Rye J.D Salinger – Printed in 1951, $40,000 (US)
* Five On A Treasure Island Enid Blyton – Printed in 1942, $4689 (US)
* The Woman in Black Illustrations by John Lawrence Susan Hill – Signed First Edition 1983, $493 (US)
So all I need is a total of $202,616 and my collection can begin!
Does anyone else have a First Edition wish list?
Writer | Publisher | Editor | Book Designer
Ploughing through "must-read" books 100ft underground
Damyanti Biswas is an author, blogger, animal-lover, spiritualist. Her work is represented by Ed Wilson from the Johnson & Alcock agency. When not pottering about with her plants or her aquariums, you can find her nose deep in a book, or baking up a storm.
For the love of books!
For book lovers
A haunting we will go...
scentsy scents, an honest opinion about fragrances