In anticipation of the movie ‘The Great Gatsby’ to be released in May, I decided to read this classic yet again and share some of my favourite quotes.
* ‘I hope she’ll be a fool — that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.’
* ‘And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.’
* ‘Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.’
* ‘I’m glad it’s a girl. And I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful fool.’
* ‘I’m thirty,’ I said. ‘I’m five years too old to lie to myself and call it honour.’