Some titles that have just been released that I cannot wait to read.
1) Telling the Bees by Peggy Hesket – An elderly beekeeper looks back at his life and learns the painful truth about his friend Claire.
2) A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki – In Tokyo, sixteen-year-old Nao has decided there’s only one escape from her aching loneliness and her classmates’ bullying. But before she ends it all, Nao first plans to document the life of her great grandmother, a Buddhist nun who’s lived more than a century. A diary is Nao’s only solace—and will touch lives in ways she can scarcely imagine.
3) The Drunken Botanist by Amy Stewart – The history of the plants that have created the world’s great drinks.
4) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – I know I should stop reading books about teenagers but I love the series The Infernal Devices and this final instalment in the trilogy will hopefully not disappoint.
5) The Childhood of Jesus by J. M. Coetzee – A fable is about childhood, about destiny, about being an outsider.