I would like to pay tribute to some of my favourite Children’s Book Series that made me the reader I am today. I always hated when a good story would end and that was why a series was so special. I could continue reading about my favourite characters for longer than just one book.
1) The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – Still re-reading and enjoying them. I have always loved stories where new worlds are created and explored.
Fav Book in the series – The Magician’s Nephew
Fav Character in the series – Prince Caspian (because he was brave and in my head handsome)
2) The Famous Five by Enid Blyton – Oh, the Adventure’s these kids had! I always wished that I could solve mysteries as neatly and care free as they could.
Fav Book in the series – Five Run Away Together
Fav Character in the series – Timmy the dog (because he was pretty much the reason they were all still alive)
3) Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody – I found the story lines fascinating and hauntingly beautiful.
Fav Book in the series – Ashling
Fav Character in the series – Elspeth (because it is her story and she is powerful)
4) Ramona (novel series) by Beverly Cleary – The crazy antics of Ramona would keep me entertained for hours.
Fav Book in the series – Beezus and Ramona
Fav Character in the series – Beezus (because as an older sister I could relate to her plight and anguishes)
5) The Wishing Chair (series) by Enid Blyton – A chair that flies to magical places, genius.
Fav Book in the series – The Wishing Chair Again
Fav Character in the series – Chinky (because he is a cheeky pixie with a heart of gold and a cool name)
6) Goosebumps (the original series) by R.L. Stine – I loved being scared when I was young and these books did the job nicely.