There is a reason why this book is one of the best sellers of all time. Although I am particularly partial to the first book in the series (The Magician’s Nephew), this story was and still is one of my favourites.
* I love the way C.S Lewis gets straight into the story. By the end of the first chapter Lucy is already through the wardrobe and the reader knows all the background information they need to.
* The wardrobe itself – As a child I would climb into wardrobes just to see if one of them would lead me to Narnia.
* The Lamp Post – Another integral non living character of the story. The lamp post is where everything begins and ends. I love lamp posts because of this story
* The scene where Aslan is tied up and killed by the queen was always horrific for me. I remember the relief I felt the first time I read the book when Aslan comes back from the dead.
* Some of my favourite Quotes-
‘The whole wood is full of her spies. Even some of the trees are on her side.’ – Mr. Tumnus while he is escorting Lucy back to the wardrobe.
‘When I’m King of Narnia the first thing I shall do will be to make some decent roads.’ Edmund on the way to the witch’s house.
* ‘Each piece was sweet and light to the very centre and Edmund had never tasted anything more delicious’ – Whenever I read this description of Turkish Delight, I crave it!