Returning to teaching after a relaxing seven weeks is going to be tough. I wanted a bit of inspiration to get me through the end of holiday blues and this book did not disappoint. It reminded me why I became a teacher and gave me some valuable advice.
* Reminded me that in a classroom trust is the most important thing, everything else can be fixed (missing homework etc) but once trust is broken with students it is difficult if not impossible to regain.
* Rafe’s passion for reading and wanting his student’s to develop that same passion is inspiring – ‘reading is not a subject. Reading is a foundation of life…’
* The book contains useful websites & book recommendations
* Helpful lesson ideas covering most subjects; Literacy, Numeracy, History, Science, Art
* Provides tips for helping students with studying for tests
A worthwhile read for all teacher’s, especially those returning to work after a long break.